Nevis is located in the Caribbean and together with the island of St. Kitts forms the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis. A former British Colony until 1983 when it gained independence, Nevis has transformed from a sugar monocrop economy to one based on luxury tourism, export orientated manufacturing and offshore banking.
St Kitts & Nevis is a member of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) which is managed by the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank which controls monetary policy and regulates commercial banking activities.
A number of International Banks are located in Nevis. Banking secrecy is strictly enforced by law and Nevis Authorities have no access to banking information. A court order is required to obtain information therefore coupled with the fact that corporate information is not publically accessible, Nevis one of the most highly confidential jurisdictions in which to incorporate.
Key benefits of Nevis:
- Political stability coupled with the Government’s policy of maintaining the Offshore Haven Status for the foreseeable future.
- Highly confidential jurisdiction with restriction of public access to company records. Records can be located outside of Nevis and company changes are not required to be lodged with the Nevis Authorities.
- There are no personal or corporate taxes levied on income derived from outside Nevis.
- It is obligatory to prepare accounts but there are no filing or audit requirements.
- No exchange control with free repatriation of profits and capital.
- Not party to either the EU Savings Tax Directive or compulsory disclosure as Nevis is a sovereign state independent of the UK.
- Sophisticated banking system with a wide range of international banks located in Nevis.
Tax and accounting regulations
Summary of Requirements for a Nevis LLC, IBC
|Type of Company||Limited Liability Company|
|Timescale to incorporate||3 working days|
|Double Tax Treaty Access:||None. Although Nevis does have double tax agreements an LLC cannot obtain any tax relief through them.|
|Minimum No. Required||1, Corporate Directors are permitted|
|Local Director Required||No|
|Publicly accessible information||No|
|Location of Meetings||Anywhere|
|Minimum No. Required||1, 100% foreign shareholders allowed|
|Publicly accessible information||No|
|Location of Meetings||Anywhere|
|Local Secretary Required||N/A|
|Registered Office / Agent Required||Yes|
|Standard Authorised||USD 100,000|
|Minimum Paid Up Capital||N/A|
|Accounting & Compliance|
|Requirements to prepare Accounts||Yes|
|Requirement for Audit||No|
|Local Auditor Required||N/A|
|Requirement to File Accounts||No|
|Requirement to file Annual Return||No|
|Bank Account Opening||Service Pro can open a bank account in Cyprus for a Nevis Company without presence. We can also offer bank accounts in a number of other jurisdictions, please contact us for information.|
Procedure of company registration
Company formation in Nevis is very straightforward. Service Pro require the following to proceed:
- A completed Company Registration Application Form
- A copy of the passport of the Beneficial Owner, Director and Shareholder
- A recent utility bill (under 3 months old) for the Beneficial Owner, Director and Shareholder
Economic citizenship program
Established in 1984, The St Kitts and Nevis Economic Citizenship Program is one of the oldest, and the most respectable, citizenship by investment program in the world.
The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis allows investors the opportunity to obtain full citizenship by statute through its government sponsored investment program (the “Citizenship by Investment Programme”). This citizenship programme is internationally recognised, well regulated and legitimate. Regulations for the Citizenship by Investment Programme is fully supported by the Sovereign Government of St. Kitts and Nevis.
There are a number of benefits and advantages to the St. Kitts Citizenship by Investment Programme. The St. Kitts and Nevis Passport is very well regarded and only bearers of these passports enjoy the benefits of dual citizenship for secure banking purposes, asset protection, company management and guaranteed confidentiality. Additional advantages are listed below:
Advantages of St. Kitts and Nevis Dual Citizenship and Passport:
- Dual citizenship – Citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis are entitled to hold dual citizenship. The acquisition of citizenship is not reported to other countries or to the country of origin of the individual.
- No restriction through naturalisation – this is of particular interest to nationals of Canada, USA, UK, Russian Federation and former CIS countries and the UAE whom may be, for differing reasons, restricted from acquiring citizenship through nationalisation in any other country. St. Kitts and Nevis administration has no specific restrictions on any particular nationals to participate in the citizenship and passport programme. All applications are accepted on a common basis and are subject to standard due diligence and vetting procedures.
- Choice of investment either by a non-refundable cash donation or by buying real estate that can be used as an investment, for renting or for personal use.
- Visa free travel to more than 120 countries such as the UK, Switzerland, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and all EU Schengen countries
- No obligation to reside in the country and no minimum stay is required
- Choice if places to live – by having St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship doors can be opened to other options of obtaining a residency permit. There will be fewer formalities and certain privileges for staying or working in CARICOM member states.
- Easier to obtain another residency programme – as the bearer of a St. Kitts and Nevis Passport there is an increased chance of obtaining the Investors Visa in the UK or residence permit in a European country such as Switzerland or Germany.
- Tax free status on foreign income, capital gains, gifts, wealth and inheritance tax.
- Lifetime citizenship is granted
- Second passport – Easy to obtain a second passport and citizenship for family members
- Legal programme by status – the Citizenship by Investment Programme is a legal programme based on the statute. The granted citizenship will not be revoked regardless of the changes in government policy. This can provide a high degree of personal confidence in turbulent times.
As of January 2012 the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis has agreed new investment amounts. There are two options in order to qualify for citizenship by investment; by making a donation to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) or the Real Estate Investment option.
Real Estate Option:
The minimum investment required for the real estate option is currently 400,000 USD or the equivalent in dollars of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (XCD) in an approved real estate project. Only villas or condominium units from an approved developer will qualify for citizenship.
Two or more applicants may apply for citizenship through joint investment by purchasing real estate provided that each applicant contributes the minimum investment of 400,000 USD towards the investment.
In addition to the investment required the following processing and due diligence fees are payable to the government of St. Kitts and Nevis:
Government & Due Diligence Fees:
|Applicant:||Government Fees:||Due Diligence Fees:|
|Main Applicant||USD 50,000.00||USD 7,500.00|
|Spouse||USD 25,000.00||USD 4,000.00|
|Child below 18 years of age*||USD 25,000.00||USD 4,000.00 for applicants above the age of 16|
|Dependent above 18 years of age||USD 50,000.00||USD 4,000.00|
Please note that all legal fees for the purchase, registration and tax of the property are the responsibility of the applicant.
Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) Contribution:
The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) option offers four distinct categories for application:
|Category||Non Refundable Contribution:|
|Single Applicant||USD 250,000|
(two hundred and fifty thousand USD)
|Applicant with up to three dependents|
(i.e. one spouse and two children below the age of 18)
(three hundred thousand USD)
|Applicant with up to five dependents||USD 350,000|
(three hundred and fifty thousand USD)
|Applicant with up to seven dependents||USD 450,000|
(four hundred and fifty thousand USD)
- Additional contribution for each dependent above seven dependents – USD 50,000.00
- Additional contribution for each qualified dependent (unmarried, dependent children of, parents) of the main applicant above the age of 18 years old – USD 50,000.00
The contribution into the SIDF escrow account must be made after the application has been approved in principle. Applicants will be given 90 days in which to transfer the funds.
Due Diligence Fees:
- Fees for main applicant – USD 7,500.00
- Fees for each dependent above the age of 16 – USD 4,000.00
How to Proceed:
Upon the payment of a non-refundable retainer fee a complete set of forms will be sent to be completed in addition to detailed explanations regarding the documents required. Service Pro will provide support throughout the application process making this as simple and straightforward as possible. Your issued documents (Certificate of Citizenship and associated passport) can be delivered by courier or collected at our representative chambers in Basseterre, St. Kitts.
For further information on the programme or to arrange a consultation please do not hesitate to contact us. We can also provide details of our service fees plus answer any queries you may have.